• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxhill in the 90s..

Who went?
    What was the best year?
    Your favourite memory?

Go!

1998 for the GP, Carl Nunn getting 2nd overall (if I remember correctly). The atmosphere was incredible and I found £20 on the floor outside the burger van, which was a lot of money to a farmers son from Yorkshire.

Comment

1998 Des nations watching Everts go up the hill lap after lap while most of the rest fell. dunno why i bought this bucket hat it hammered down all weekend
      Attached Files

Comment

The first GP in 92 was awesome, Robbie Herring was so good as was Mike Healey launching down the big hill 93 and 94 were good but not epic, 95 however was superb Malin set the place alight, 96 was was good, the 98 Des Nations was awesome too, I remember the qualifying on Saturday afternoon when the sky was black, the factory 4 stroke Husky’s of Darryl King and Bernd Echenbach I think it was were firing big flames out as they cleared one of the big tabletops and I mean BIG flames people un educated in 4 strokes were gasping in awe... I walked down to the pub at the crossroads that night to call my Dad on the pay phone and tell him how good it was... no mobile back then...

Comment

Chesterfield bikes looked great (Photo Courtesy Ray Mayes)
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X