1998 SplitFire Pro Circuit KX125 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 SplitFire Pro Circuit KX125 Build

I actually started searching for parts over 5 years ago - I’d always planned to build a 1998 SplitFire bike alongside my 1992 Peak Honda. To me, the '98 is the best looking 2 stroke team bike Pro Circuit ever built. Then years ago, I stumbled upon the original decals/seat cover for the 92 Peak bike and so this project got parked somewhat. I’ve continued to collect parts for this '98 since, as and when they popped up.

I’d originally planned to do a replica of Ricky Carmichael’s ‘98 SX bike (I made a thread on this forum for it about 3 years ago), but after finishing my Peak bike I decided to take my time with this one and go all out. For outdoors, Carmichael got special support from Kawasaki and ran a lot of Factory KHI parts on his 125. After wrapping up the Outdoor title in America, he joined Team USA for the infamous Foxhill MXdN where I first saw RC race (aged 7!). Even though I was still young, I remember how cool it was to see Ricky over here despite the horrendous conditions!

This build will take a while, but just thought i’d start the build thread, as it often kicks off conversations and helps locate parts I need. I’ve got some other parts lined up too, so will keep this updated as and when.

Anyone have any info/pics/stories/parts please feel free to post!

Attached Files

A few more images of reference...
    Attached Files

Comment

Also plan to get hold of another set of number boards to be able to photograph a Team USA MXdN version with the USA Plates and the #23 on the front. I managed to find a set of the kit a few years ago too...
      Attached Files

Comment

To kick things off with a few parts I've collected so far...

- Original UFO Flo Green plastics
        - Set of Pro Circuit powervalve covers
        - Berg Racing carbon fork foot guard
        Attached Files

Comment

- Complete NOS seat
          - Complete NOS Honda CR front master cylinder as used by RC and other team riders in '98.
          - Pro Circuit seat guide bolt
          Attached Files

Comment

- Acerbis Front brake hose guides - White for the Green front plate, black for the Cycra clear vented
            - NOS Renthal barpad
            - Braking Team-issue oversize rear disc kit
            Attached Files

Comment

• Sonnie
              Sonnie commented
              Editing a comment
              Any idea where I can get a blue one of those bar pads for my build Chuck

• Sonnie
              Sonnie commented
              Editing a comment
              I ve got a few of those original front brake guides in black quite a few teams were using those back in the day

- Factory KYB magnesium Clutch, waterpump and ignition covers (these took a few years to find!!) The KHI 125 stuff is so much rarer than the 250 stuff.
            - Works KYB dual adjuster rear shock
            Attached Files

Comment

- KHI ally glide plate with weld tabs
              - Pro Circuit titanium footpegs
              Attached Files

Comment

- NOS Pro Circuit silencer
                - Factory Nissin front caliper with KHI magnesium bracket
                Attached Files

Comment

Mega that mate cant wait to see it done ?

Comment

Huge update - NOS Factory KHI radiators. One photo shows the differences between these and OEM rads - 12 core instead of 11 core OEM, and the left hand rad around 1 inch longer with different lower tank. Never seen a set of these for sale let alone brand new!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Original NOS Throttle Jockey team decal kit - when remakes just won't do, you wait 5 years for an original set to finally become available!
                      Attached Files

Comment

NOS Period correct Renthal 51t Sprocket
                        Attached Files

Comment

NOS OEM Brake pedal. I'll eventually have to get this modded like Pro Circuit did with an extra piece welded on the top for the Stop.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X