Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK 1999 Splitfire Pro Circuit KX 125

Hi all!

After many years of searching for a decent bike to start the build on and missing out on a few, I have just got ordered myself an '02 KX 125 that should be with me by Wednesday next week.

I'm not going to be chasing every little detail, as I know by this point it's just too hard to source parts. Just going for something that looks close enough that I can ride every now and again.

May have got a bit over excited and made a good start on parts for the bike today, purchasing the following;

Kx 125 250 1996-2002 Neutral Transparent Front Plate Ufo Splitfire Number Board - plan to try and replicate the transparent Cycra one (have one for kx80 to copy from)
    Kx 125 250 1999-2002 Flo Neon Green Plastic Kit Ufo Kawasaki Florescent Chevy - will only be using the flo green plate from this kit. The rest will be used on my KX 250 build.
    Kx 125 250 1996-2002 Flo Neon Green Plastic Fender Front Ufo Splitfire Chevy
    Kx 125 250 Acerbis Flag Hand Guards Super Evo Kawasaki RARE Ricky Carmichael Flo - Teaser for my KX 250 build.
    Kawasaki KX125 KX250 1999-2002 PLASTIC KAKIT200 9001 Black UFO
    Kawasaki KX125 KX250 1996-2003 UFO Fork Guards Black 3704 001
    pro circuit 99-02 kx125 kx250 pullrods splitfire kawasaki
    NEW PRO CIRCUIT WORKS PLATINUM EXHAUST PIPE KAWASAKI KX125 99-02 - platinum I know, but finding a works one is tough and I plan to remove the coating.
    Already have a few black Renthal bar pads to go on my builds too.

Parts I'm after;

Graphics - I've contacted N-Style as they have recently re-manufactured YoT kits for people on other forums, so hopefully I can get that sorted.
    Seat cover - Thrillseakers have made covers for '00/ '01 seats. Not sure if they've ever done a '99 or if anyone has any other ideas?
    Silencer - does anyone have any photos of the pipe RC run in '99? Trying to go over my photo collections from trips to PC in '05 and '10, but nothing detailed enough. Do have a few I'm looking at, but holding fire.
    PC footpegs
    PC Flo-green paint colour code
    Triple clamps with two piece bar mount - RC ran KHI parts, but if anyone has any ideas on finding something that can look 'similar' after a bit of anodizing and will be 1 1/8th to run twinwalls, I'd be grateful.
    Detailed shots of RC's '99 bike. Obviously he had a number of KHI parts that differed from the rest of the team, so I'd like to see what he had.

I will be interested in any parts that people have up for grabs/ any advice on parts I may want.

More pics;

Comment

Wow tidy base bike!

Unbounded Designs are the best regarding details, matching fluo graphics if you have no luck with N-Style.

Looking forward to the updates

Comment

This is the correct fluo
        Salt Spray Results: 1,000 + Hours. Polyester TGIC. Specific Gravity: 1.2-1.8.

Comment

Stinger silencer
          This is a nice used muffler off a 99 kx 125. Its in very good shape for its age.

Comment

May fit..
            You are looking at a pro circuit split fire foot pegs for a 1997 kx125. Steel pegs see pictures for condition.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pat459Strana;n1140]This is the correct fluo [/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for this - don't suppose you know if this is the same paint code for the 2001 Factory Chevy Trucks SR250?

Deeply considering getting myself the 250 and doing both builds together now!

Comment

[QUOTE=Pat459Strana;n1141]Stinger silencer [/QUOTE]

Had my eye on this, but wasn't sure if it was the correct one.

May make a purchase on it..

Comment

[QUOTE=bestmx;n1144]

Thanks a lot for this - don't suppose you know if this is the same paint code for the 2001 Factory Chevy Trucks SR250?

Deeply considering getting myself the 250 and doing both builds together now![/QUOTE]

Yep the same colour

Comment

Nice plans so far, and bike looks a great base to start with!

Pat's mentioned a few bits already - that 99 Stinger silencer is the one you want.

You're in luck with the flo green frame. Central Wheel company in Coleshill have just imported a batch of the correct flo green powder from america. They did my 97 Splitfire frame/subframe recently and it's epic. Give them a ring and ask to speak to Harry and he'll sort you out.

N-style can't do the flo green printing. Get in touch with Unbounded designs on facebook and they'll do you an exact 99 kit.

Comment

[QUOTE=cdavies102;n1155]Nice plans so far, and bike looks a great base to start with!

Pat's mentioned a few bits already - that 99 Stinger silencer is the one you want.

You're in luck with the flo green frame. Central Wheel company in Coleshill have just imported a batch of the correct flo green powder from america. They did my 97 Splitfire frame/subframe recently and it's epic. Give them a ring and ask to speak to Harry and he'll sort you out.

N-style can't do the flo green printing. Get in touch with Unbounded designs on facebook and they'll do you an exact 99 kit.

[/QUOTE]

Cheers Chuck!

Found another Platinum pipe with the stinger for the price of the one above, so I'm going to purchase that.

Frame sounds good - but re-reviewing the other threads I've seen on these builds, I want to know if I should get tabs for the bash plate along with the carbon water pump guard - or if sourcing the parts to fit is now impossible..

Also wanted to know if anyone was able to replicate the seat cover?

And, as you're the man - do you know where I could find a proper KX Cycra Vented Plate?

Your builds are amazing man! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Nice job - getting tabs done is easy enough. You should be able to get a bash plate easy enough - waterpump guard is a little more difficult.

No idea on seat cover i'm afraid! I'll have a think. Clear vented Cycra vented plate are near impossible to get now. The last one sold on ebay for £150 second hand. RM ones do fit but leave a gap underneath which isn't ideal....

Comment

[QUOTE=cdavies102;n1158]Nice job - getting tabs done is easy enough. You should be able to get a bash plate easy enough - waterpump guard is a little more difficult.

No idea on seat cover i'm afraid! I'll have a think. Clear vented Cycra vented plate are near impossible to get now. The last one sold on ebay for £150 second hand. RM ones do fit but leave a gap underneath which isn't ideal....[/QUOTE]

Ah, I'll see what I get done.

I have a clear ufo plate that I shall try and sort out.

Bash plate - do you know what one I'm actually after? Can't find info - just photos from Bilkos build..

Comment

Well, I can't believe that I've been searching for ages and out of the blue, manage to find a super clean base build and now a lot of the PC parts I wanted.. May have had to buy another bike to acquire said parts though.. :rolleyes:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X