1996 Mike Craig CR125 Honda of Troy Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Mike Craig CR125 Honda of Troy Build

Hi Guys, i just want to show you my latest Project, a 1996 CR125 Honda of Troy Mike Craig Replica Build.
    Last edited by Rob_Schmitz; 03-30-2020, 05:38 PM.

I started like all my Projects with a NOS Graphicskit. I found these back in 2012 at a Swiss Website called Ricardo.ch
    Glad it was a Fullkit and came with the Seatcover aswell.

Comment

Unfortunately, the Adhesive was gone and won´t stick anymore.

I removed the old Adhesive with Silicon-Remover and applied a new 3M 300LSE Adhesive-Film. It turned out great and stick better than new, unfortunately the Grahics shrink over the Years.

Comment

Great score on the original graphics & seat cover!

Comment

Finaly found a decent CR125-1996 in late 2014

Comment

Unfortunately i don´t have much Photos from the tear down. Just welded the Skidplate and Caseguard brackets on.

Comment

Very nice! Great start

Comment

I found a nice Set of Applied Triple Clamps

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":1838}[/ATTACH]
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesome work so far keep it going ?

Comment

Thats when i got the Frame back from the Powdercoating. I´m still pretty stoked to found a brand new Swingarm and got that used Showa Kit Fork from Ex Ream Sarholz.
                    Got also the Applied Triple Clamps back from anodizing. These are clear anodized and looks like new again.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Going to be a sweet build mate!

Comment

Some rare nos finds. Complete Frontwheel, 1996 rear Rim with OEM Spokes and a brand new Rear Hub.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Another rare find was the NOS Braking front Rotor. After study more and more pictures of the Honda of Troy Bikes in Magazines and Online, I noticed the Braking Disk i got, looks different to the Disk the Team used. No wonder, i got the Standart Size and the Team used the 260mm Oversize Rotor. Sometimes they used the Standart OEM setup and sometimes the Oversize Braking Setup.
                          I was pretty happy to found the NOS 260mm Oversize Kit in Italy a few weeks later.
                          Attached Files

Comment

NOS period correct Skidplate and NOS Frameguards. Unfortunately the Framguards are the later Version with the upper hex Bold, correct would be the Version with the upper Allen-screw. (i´m still looking for the correct ones.

The older Skidplate (shown on the first pictures) will end up at my 1992 Peak-Project.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cheers for sharing it all so far Rob! Some seriously good finds there. More amazed at the brand new wheelset you have, worth big money!

Comment

Working...
                              X