1999, Y2k Alessio Chiodi Factory Team Maddii Husqvarna CR125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999, Y2k Alessio Chiodi Factory Team Maddii Husqvarna CR125

Chiodi inspired me to change from Honda to Husqvarna in 2000 following his 3rd world title in 1999 on the sexy looking year 2000 husqvarna. I replaced it with a 2001 a year later and in 2002 I bought Stephen Swords Motorex factory husqvarna half way through the season when he changed to Albion KTM. With the bike I bought a load of spares, some of which were Chiodi factory team Maddii items that the UK team used as prototypes to make parts for Swordys bike.
    A bit naive back then but I had quite a few exotic parts including 5 speed factory gearbox which ran a Hinson Honda clutch, I destroyed that in 2004 and threw away, what a fool, and replaced it with the stock 6 speed box.

Fast forward 17 years to 2017, I decided I am gonna build a Chiodi replica with some original parts I have a Steve Lamson fast by ferracci 125 frame and another frame let’s get building, then earlier this summer got talking to another couple of Italian made husqvarna lovers and now I am going all in for a period correct resto/replica so the search for special stuff to add to my already quite large inventory began

The intention is to complete by summer next year and coax Chiodi himself to come over and ride at the VMXDN at Farleigh castle to my mind it then goes from resto/replica to a real Chiodi bike in a tenuous way

I will update when I can on parts and build progress

Attached Files

Incredible!

Comment

Also forgot to mention my Son he was a big catalyst for starting a build
      “dad you got loads of parts here a frame swing arm suspension I reckon we could build another bike” your probably right son I said
      “dad if I help build it can I ride it when it’s done”
      me I suppose so son here the workshop manual (A4 bible type binder book) read that and then we can get cracking

Comment

Some Parts I already have, Original Chiodi front pipe number 28 of 34 made by Marco in the factory, NOS original technosel team graphics, Original 1994 front number board to use as a pattern for making a couple of carbon number plates the same as what Chiodi ran, Mr Di Leone is making me a couple of Chiodi DLR carbon silencers from this prototype they used for all of Chiodi’s
        Attached Files

Comment

Some more components I have, Brand new factory kit barrel never been used, magnesium clutch casing, mag clutch cover, mag power valve cover, water pump cover, titanium rear sub frame, Ti upper subframe bolt, Ti handle bar clamp bolts, Ti sprocket bolts, Ti front wheel axle bolt, Ti swing arm linkage bolts
          Attached Files

Comment

More stock I ve got ready to go, factory Sachs shock swordys no4 I also run no2 and have no 1 on the shelf,
            magnesium ignition cover, magnesium power valve cover, fuel tank pretty good condition not too faded, NOS factory issue foot peg bolts with machined heads and centre drilled for lock wire plenty to chose from
            Attached Files

Comment

Some more stock I have NOS seat cover, NOS factory rear wheel hub, factory rear brake caliper and Y2k mount
              recently acquired Y2k swing arm, axle bolt, adjuster blocks and another bloody frame. I didn’t want to butcher the ferracci frame, and the one I had that I sent for powder coat turns out to be a 250 frame, Chiodi ran the foot pegs further forward and higher so I need to move the mounts and the swing arm linkage connection needs to be moved slightly for a slightly different shock progression stroke and a lower ride height
              Attached Files

Comment

This is the reason we created this website! Can't wait to see how it all progresses mate

Comment

Just had a look at the 3D printed mould for making the carbon front number Plate scanned from the white one I managed to find it’s so cool can’t wait to see the finished product and all the other panels that they are making for me
                  Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to add the carbon Kevlar chain guide and rear brake pedal guard yesterday that I have on the shelf original team issue
                    Attached Files

Comment

More bits in stock NOS acerbis, IMS and Cycra brake cable bracket, NOS triple clamps, NOS power valve covers back and front, NOS coolant hoses, NOS linkage knuckle and fork ( the 2000 knuckle is slightly narrower than the 2001 on version I have a few but only 1 2000 lucky) the fork is universal even though the part numbers are different, factory head and the VHM head Swordy ran VHM reportedly used the factory head as a pattern to make there’s don’t know how true that is, I ve used both and couldn’t tell the difference but there is definitely a difference compared to stock and NOS titanium dome head kickstart bolt
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Sonnie; 10-03-2019, 04:21 PM.

Comment

NOS radiator shrouds, NOS front number plate for 2000 onwards, NOS fork protectors weirdly loads of sets of black protectors but loads of blue brake hose holders, order in UFO black side panels before I decided to go down the carbon side panel route, yellow side tank shrouds,
                        Attached Files

Comment

UFO black rear fender again before I decided to go for Chiodi style carbon rear fender, NOS front fender, picked up this NOS rear brake master cylinder the other day, and found some old team blue anodised shock parts and black Clevis not sure Chiodi ran the black clevis but he did run the blue shock stuff some times, found some spare NOS power valve covers for the front of the barrel and some billet on the fly clutch adjusters team issue for the domino endross clutch lever although I believe Chiodi reverted back to the stock adjuster
                          Attached Files

Comment

Got home to a couple of packages today
                            some Genuine husky Y2k graphics and the new wheel bearings for the factory rear hub so the thinner diameter Y2k rear axle and swing arm can fit correctly just waiting for the new spacers and inner hub spacer to come now
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very cool project!

Comment

Working...
                              X