2001 Motorex Husqvarna CR125 Stephen Sword factory bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 Motorex Husqvarna CR125 Stephen Sword factory bike

Well I already own the actual 2002 race bike and I ve found some stuff in the old workshop so I am kinda thinking I need to rebuild the bike ready for the new season anyway so Why not let’s build a 2001 version
    the bikes were pretty much identical apart from the graphics which in my opinion were loads better in 2001, the front forks were factory 45mm where as in 2002 he ran 50mm factory forks, the exhaust was messico front pipe and DLR carbon in 01 but in 02 it was 2C a copy of the messico front pipe and a DLR titanium silencer, engine were brand new but still ran all the same internals, rear chain guide was carbon in 02 but alloy in 01 and the rear subframe was alloy in 01 and titanium in 02
    both years ran titanium bolts and Mooses in the tyres
    I spent a lot of time in the team workshop back then I cant believe I didn’t take any photos anyway I won’t be to hard to turn out a 01 version of the bike I have I still have most of the parts I found another half a gearbox so game on
    Attached Files

Original DLR titanium silencer back from the menders packed and ready to fit just need to clean the front pipe up now
    Attached Files

Comment

Genuine NOS front fender arrived last week along with DLR carbon silencer and it fits great with the messico pipe the carbon silencer was the same as what Chiodi used in 99 & 2000 so I got a couple made just waiting for the crank case to be repaired, the graphics to come and the titanium bolt kit and it can be built
      Attached Files

Comment

Cleaned up the front pipe and rebuilt the bike ready to race
        all the other sword stuff is on the bench as little side projects eventually it will come together but I need a race bike so ness must
        Attached Files

Comment

Being as racing is cancelled for the moment it’s time to turn my attention to the little side projects for this bike
          1st up rebuilding the Sword modified barrel
          NOS valve cover, NOS valve shafts and cam, NOS VHM head , new titanium bolts, replated barrel, NOS seals, O-rings and gaskets, new spark plug , cleaned up original modified valves
          Attached Files

Comment

Decals arrived for the two silencers as well so fitted them too they finish them off just nicely
            Attached Files

Comment

Right well the teardown has started on this project ready for putting it back to full 2001 Stephen Sword factory Husqvarna specification the way I bought back in 2002
              Attached Files

Comment

Suspension now removed and sent off for service, revalue, re anodise and DLC coatings
                Attached Files

Comment

Engine striped down and cases sent off for cleaning and re-coating
                  Attached Files

Comment

I saw this bike at lyng (i think) i remember 5 minutes before the start the mechanics were trying to bump start it behind the gates
                    stunning bike good on you for restoring it

Comment

[QUOTE=Cammy411;n2024]I saw this bike at lyng (i think) i remember 5 minutes before the start the mechanics were trying to bump start it behind the gates
                      stunning bike good on you for restoring it [/QUOTE]

Might have been we did have an earthing issue at one of the races because we had the frames resprayed and didn’t clean the paint of the engine and coil connections.
                      I think we had a dnf that day at Lyng I thought it was the clutch assembly came off the main shaft because the lock tab hadn’t been bent over so the nut unscrewed itself within a few laps he was leading as well

Comment

[QUOTE=Cammy411;n2024]I saw this bike at lyng (i think) i remember 5 minutes before the start the mechanics were trying to bump start it behind the gates
                        stunning bike good on you for restoring it [/QUOTE]

Yeah it’s long overdue a full resto, I dogged it for 2 and half years broke a lot of stuff or wore it out then put it away for 10 years
                        then took all the good stuff off the bike when I realised what I actually had so I didn’t damage anymore of the parts and rode it the last few years , but it’s time to put it back to the way it was the engine makes so much more power than the stock 04 motor I have been using and there are a few riders interested in riding it once it’s back to spec

Comment

Pretty much finished the teardown now few more bits to take off then the frame can have some of the striped or helicoiled captive nuts replaced for new ones and then re powder coat ready for rebuild
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Sonnie; 04-21-2020, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Cases have arrived back from cleaning and recoating they look awesome, ready for rebuild
                            Attached Files

Comment

Original Master cylinder and a spare stripped ready for vapour blasting and rebuilding with new seal kits
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X